10 reasons why fleet vehicle management works better with fleetster than with an Outlook calendar
7 January 2019
In order to manage the vehicles of a fleet, which may use by several coworkers, there are different possibilities. An Excel spreadsheet, Outlook calendar, or a simple paper calendar. If an employee now wants to book one of these vehicles, there are again different processes. For example, he or she has to make a phone call, fill in a form or write an e-mail - creativity knows no bounds. So each company has found a system for itself with which it manages its fleet. What can seem absolutely the best it is usually not. All these options were originally not developed for vehicle management.
The 10 most important functions that our Corporate Carsharing software in contrast to an Outlook calendar can be found here:
- Double booking impossible. Nothing is more annoying than a double booking with a vehicle, especially with two important customer appointments. This is a trouble already pre-programmed that can not happen to you with fleetster. In our system, it is impossible for two people to book a vehicle for the same period.
- Automatic rebooking of vehicles in the event of delays If a driver is late. Fleetster immediately looks for alternatives for follow-up booking. If another vehicle is still available, fleetster will automatically rebook the trip so the booking can take place despite the delay of the predecessor. If no other vehicle is available, fleetster immediately sends a message to the administrator so that they can respond appropriately and look for solutions.
- Key management includes fleetster also handles the key issue and return, so no one can lose track of which key is currently where. Also, the person responsible for the key management has an extra view, where it has all the information you need to know at a glance.
- Driving license control as part of the holder liability you are required by all drivers before each trip or every 6 months to inspect the driver's license. This process is firmly anchored in fleetster and can not be forgotten any more. And offers you more security.
- Automatic logbook. If you manage all your trips via fleetster, you can easily export and print out your logbook at the end of the year at the push of a button. It has never been so easy to have a complete and clean logbook!
- Graphical disposition of the vehicles. With fleetster you have all vehicle bookings at a glance and in this view, the booking calendar, you can move and arrange all bookings in the way that makes the most sense for your company and for all users. Again, overlaps of bookings are excluded.
- Optimization of postings according to costs. This new function is the so-called
"fleetster magic" function. With a click on this button, fleetster arranges all bookings as cheaply as possible. So you can save me money - without restricting your mobility.
- Booking vehicle categories. As an alternative to a specific vehicle booking, you also have the option of having your employees book only vehicle categories. So fleetster arranges all bookings on as few vehicles as possible - and shows you your savings potential at a glance.
- Automatic reports to show the potential for savings You will also find an analysis function with which you have all the data of your fleet with just one click. How many bookings were made, how expensive they were, how many vehicles were needed and when are just a few examples of analyzes that are automatically available to you with fleetster.
- Sending an Appointment for Outlook. So that your employees can also see all booking details at a glance, they have the option to have the vehicle booking sent to them as an Outlook appointment after each booking. So you also have all appointments with fleetster as usual in your Outlook calendar.
These are just a few advantages that fleetster has over the above mentioned ways of managing the fleet of companies. So it's definitely time to reconsider the pool vehicle management with Outlook, Excel or paper. We are happy to show you all functions of fleetster in an online demo. Of course you can test fleetster for 30 days free of charge and without obligation, to do so click here.